Preformed Silicone Rubber Heaters and Assemblies
PREFORMED SILICONE RUBBER HEATERS AND ASSEBMBLIES- DESCRIPTION
NPH silicone heatersare suitable for applications where precise and intimate heating is required. Being thin and lightweight, silicone rubber heater mats have a low thermal mass and hence have rapid heat up characteristics and fast response to temperature control. Silicone’s wide operating temperature range of –60 to +230°C and superb electrical properties give it a distinct advantage over other forms of heating.
In applications where a silicone rubber heater is required to fit small diameter pipe-work, a more precise fit can be obtained by using the pre-formed silicone rubber heaters option. NPH can form and vulcanize silicone heaters to fit full or partial circumference of any pipe diameter. These heaters can be supplied with separate straps for mounting or can be permanently installed using room temperature vulcanizing silicone adhesive or self adhesive systems.
NPH can provide a factory fitting service for assembly of silicone rubber heaters to customer components using vulcanization or self adhesive methods. We have many years experience of fitting to complicated pipe-work, plates, tanks and many other forms.
Providing the full design service NPH can manufacture virtually any shape and size heater coupled with short delivery times of 3-5 days. From prototype to production, spares and problem solving, National Plastic Heater can cover the full spectrum.
THERMAL OR TEMPERATURE CONTROL FOR SILICONE RUBBER HEATERS:
NPH silicone rubber heaters can be supplied with factory fitted sensors and switches to suit all types of instrumentation. Available from stock are PT100’s, J, K and T type thermocouples, bi-metal thermostats and thermal fuses. We also fit customer specified thermistors and other resistance temperature devices as well as extruded pockets for customers to fit their own sensors. Separate mechanical or digital thermostats can be supplied for process control.
Silicone rubber heaters are extremely versatile and operate efficiently in many environments. Some distinct advantages of silicone rubber and kapton heaters are:
- Moisture resistance
- Oil and solvent resistance
- Chemical resistance
- Outdoor exposure
- Extremely thin profiles
- Conform to almost any shape
All silicone rubber heaters are built to order, but rush delivery (3-5 days) is available. In most cases, NPH can deliver custom silicone rubber heaters within 10-14 days. All NPH flexible heaters are available with custom design modification. Custom designs are welcome. Please contact us with your requirements.
SILICONE RUBBER FLEXIBLE HEATERS - APPLICATIONS:
- Heating of Electronic Components- ATM's and Photocopiers
- Heating of Aerospace Instrumentation-Satellites and Spacecraft
- Semiconductor Wafer Processing
- Autoclaves, Incubators and Sterilizers
- Vacuum Chambers
- Medical Imaging, Medical Diagnostic Instruments and Analyzers
- Applications requiring a flexible shape or design
National Plastic Heater supplies silicone rubber heaters for many different applications such as industrial catering, battery warming, environmental control or electronics (particularly telecommunications), laboratory equipment and anti-condensation. The uses for silicone and polyimide heaters are infinite as they can suit any application requiring surface heating up to 200°C. Their suitability for arduous conditions has been proven in applications from polar expedition to space exploration.
How To Order Pre-Formed Silicone Rubber and Kapton Flexible Heaters
1) Specify length and width
2) Specify watts and Volts
3) Specify type of temperature control required-Thermocouple, RTD, Pre-Set T-stat etc
4) Specify with or without sticky back (PSA-pressure sensitive adhesive)
5) Specify holes, notches, cutouts etc.
6) Provide drawing and or image or sample when required
7) Specify length of leads
8) Specify type of application and its parameters
9) Specify pipe OD (outside diameter) when required
10) Specify if factory vulcanization will be required
11) Specify if these heaters are to be pre-formed to fit your configuration when required